i hope you get cancer™

Friday, December 31, 2004

The year in question(s)

1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before? I taught. 2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I gave up smoking. I resolve, in view of this week's events, to do more to help victims of disaster and poverty. 3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes. 4. Did anyone close to you die? No. 5. What countries did you visit? France. 6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004? A successful relationship. Money. 7. What dates from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? 9 April - my last cigarette 16 August - my first day of gainful employment since May 2003 4 October - my first day teaching 26 December - the day the tsunami struck 31 December - my son's 18th birthday 8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Getting a job. 9. What was your biggest failure? Not meeting a new girlfriend. 10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I got bronchitis in September and took two months to get well. 16. What song will always remind you of 2004? Shapeshifters - Lola's Theme 17. Compared to this time last year, are you.. a) happier or sadder? Sadder, but that's because I've weaned myself off tons of antidepressants. b) Thinner or fatter? Thinner - see a) c) Richer or poorer? Poorer. 18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Sex. 19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Living in poverty. 20. How will you be spending Christmas? Hmm… I think I’m filling this out a little late. 21. Did you fall in love in 2004? More times than I can remember. 22. How many one-night stands? None. More's the pity. 23. What was your favourite TV program? Big Brother. 24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? No, they're all still there. Oh, Joss Stone, she's new. 25. What was the best book you read? Nineteen Eighty-Four, by George Orwell. 26. What was your greatest musical discovery? The Secret Machines. Estelle. 27. What did you want and get? A job. 28. What did you want and not get? A girlfriend. A decent salary. 29. What was your favorite film of this year? Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. 30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I went out for a meal with my family, I turned 43. 31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Sex. Any sex. 32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004? In the sale. 33. What kept you sane? Venlafaxine 225mg. 34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Beyonce Knowles. 35. What political issue stirred you the most? Iraq. 36. Who did you miss? Giles and Michael, two friends who moved (separately) to New York City. 37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004: No-one will employ you if you're ill. 38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: 39. What has changed the most about you for the best? I am no longer drugged up to my eyeballs. 40. What have you learned about relationships? People are crap. 41. What have you learned about yourself? If it's going to happen to anyone, it will probably happen to me. 42. What have you learned about your friends? Not to hold my breath waiting for them to call. 43. Did you experience any life-marker moments this year? Watching the news this week. 44. What happened this year that you would have been surprised to learn about if you were a time-traveler a year or two ago -- meaning you were a time-traveler a year or so ago and you time-traveled into the future --- now the present. Please ignore the inevitable, tangential questions that arise when contemplating time travel and try to avoid quotes from the world's greatest movie..“Back to the Future” --- okay, include one quote. How I can lose almost everything just because of stuff going on in my head. 45. What were you most pissed about this year? Not having any money. 46. What new hobby/experience did you attempt this year? Living on £55 per week. 47. What was the nicest/most flattering thing a friend or someone close said to you? That I had a big heart. 48. What was the crappiest thing a friend or someone close said to you (feel free to Can't remember. 49. Who do you know that's grown up a lot and is turning out pretty well? My kids. 50. Who do you know that hasn't grown up at all or you are disappointed with their progress this year? Me. 51. What the biggest shallow change you've experienced this year? What? 52. Any ugly memories? How long have you got? 53. Jokes that you made that no one else thinks were funny but you did? Of Kitten in Big Brother: "How ironic, a lesbian who doesn't like fish!"